A fully loaded entree salad that’s better than TJ’s original.
Yield: Serves 2
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 tsp. dried Italian herb blend
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 cups finely chopped tuscan kale
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup edamame beans, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup carrots, chopped or shredded
- fresh mint and/or basil, optional
- Add all dressing ingredients to a large salad bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Into that same bowl, first add the chopped kale, massaging the leaves with your hands until dressing has been distributed and leaves soften a bit. Throw in all remaining ingredients.
- Toss well to combine. Serve immediately.
Photos by Kacy Meinecke for DietsInReview.com
By Katie McGrath