A hearty vegetarian dinner that’s light, easy, and satisfying.
Yield: serves 4
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1, 4″ sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 12 oz. cooked and drained white beans
- 6 cups kale, trimmed and sliced into ribbons
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and poke them in a few places with a fork. Place them on a baking sheet and bake until soft all the way through, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Start the beans and greens about 15-20 minutes before potatoes are done. In a wide, deep saucepan with a cover, heat olive oil over low-med heat. Add shallots and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, rosemary, and red pepper flakes, stirring for about 1 minute.
- Add the beans, cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the kale, cover the pan, and cook until the kale is soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the rosemary sprig, stir in the lemon juice, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, slice each sweet potato lengthwise and push on the ends to open up the middle. Spoon the beans and greens into the center. Enjoy!
Photos by Kacy Meinecke for DietsInReview.com
By Katie McGrath